Randomness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Empty This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:22 pm

Annalse Bri

Annalse Bri

I absolutely HATE people who think every vampire story just has to be a copy of Twilight. I was reading a vampire story yesterday by the one and only Mary Downing Hahn and someone asks to read the blurb. There is a line that says something about "a pale and beautiful guest checking in" to the main charries inn and the person reading the blurb was like, "OMG! she totally copied Stephenie Meyer!"
And I was like, "Three things: One, Mary Downing Hahn has A LOT more books published than Stephenie. Two, Mary Downing Hahn has won about 50 awards for her various books. And three: THIS BOOK WAS PUBLISHED EXACTLY 10 YEARS BEFORE TWILIGHT CAME OUT!"
And she was like: "Whatever, she still copied Twilight"
And I said: "Just shut up"

UGH!!!! It makes me so mad. Yes, I love Twilight, but there are other vampire stories out there too and almost everyone of those stories describes vampires as being beautiful and pale. IT MAKES ME SO MAD!!!! Mary Downing Hahn is ten times the writer Stephenie will EVER be!

Sorry. I'm done with my little rant now Wink

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/profile?id=387320

2This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Empty Re: This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:27 pm

Lucy

Lucy
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, that's really annoying. I mean, Twilight isn't that great. I bet if everyone hated it, no one would like it. Y'know? Like I used to hate high-waisted clothing, but now that everyone's liking it, I like it too. I admit to that; I go with the flow. But personally, I thought Twilight was a normally good book.

https://randomnessandpie.forummotion.com

3This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Empty Re: This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:49 pm

Spanky

Spanky

Twilight wasn't the most amazing book I have ever read. I have definitely read better. If Mary Downing Hahn's books were as popular as Twilight, I bet that they would be saying Stephanie Meyer was copying her! I do admit that I got a bit obsessed, but then I stepped back and saw that it wasn't actually that great. And that doesn't sound weird at all. Do you know that Stephanie Meyer came out with a new book? It's about a ghost taking over someone's body. Original, huh?

4This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Empty Re: This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:06 pm

Annalse Bri

Annalse Bri

I actually like THe Host better than Twilight. That's just me. You should read Mary Downing Hahn. It just annoyed me sooo much how she thought that Twilight was dominant to every vampire story in the world. The book I'm talking about is called Look for me by Moonlight and I kinda like it a bit more than Twilight.

5This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Empty Re: This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:17 am

Lucy

Lucy
Administrator
Administrator

I thought The Host came out before Twilight...

https://randomnessandpie.forummotion.com

6This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Empty Re: This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:35 pm

Lulu

Lulu

cutest duck ever!!!!!!

7This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Empty Re: This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:49 pm

Annalse Bri

Annalse Bri

^^^Lulu, that post is called spam. that's when you post something totally off-topic in a forum. save off-topicness for the random forum Wink

Nope, the host came b4 breaking dawn, that's what ur prolly thinking of.

8This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Empty Re: This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:36 pm

Lulu

Lulu

about the vampire book. i remember that at lunch. you got really mad!!!!!!! i think you said something like, the book was made 10 years before Twilight so she couldn't have got the ideas for her book if it was made 10 years before Twilight came out!!! i hope that made sense. if i didn't sorry...

9This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Empty Re: This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:00 pm

Spanky

Spanky

Oh. Well, the plot of The Host isn't exactly original. How many books have we seen on the shelves about ghosts taking over people's bodies? Maybe, I don't know, 10 or 20? I'm sure it's okay, but her ideas aren't that original and the writing isn't amazing. I don't buy books based on authors personally. My friend bought the host without even checking what the plot was, just because it was by Stephanie Meyer! I hate it when people do that, don't even bother to check the plot before buying a book. I have been guilty of that in the case of Harry Potter, but that's special. It's part of a series.

10This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Empty Re: This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:16 am

Lulu

Lulu

I hate when people do that too!!!! The buy a book just because its part of a series or because of the author thing... i mean read about what your going to read for the next week or couple days!!!! I mean really why do people do that??? But i guess i can t blame them i have done that before too. But not exactly... I have read books in a series and gotten the next book in the series but I have read the back still. is that the same thing?

11This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Empty Re: This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:17 am

Spanky

Spanky

No. You know that you like the plot if it's part of a series.

12This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Empty Re: This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:25 pm

Annalse Bri

Annalse Bri

Spanky wrote:Oh. Well, the plot of The Host isn't exactly original. How many books have we seen on the shelves about ghosts taking over people's bodies? Maybe, I don't know, 10 or 20? I'm sure it's okay, but her ideas aren't that original and the writing isn't amazing. I don't buy books based on authors personally. My friend bought the host without even checking what the plot was, just because it was by Stephanie Meyer! I hate it when people do that, don't even bother to check the plot before buying a book. I have been guilty of that in the case of Harry Potter, but that's special. It's part of a series.

Originality is a great thing to look for in authors, but unfortunately, not many authors have it. So, I just read the back. If it sounds even slightly interesting, I'll get it. One of my favorite books that I read in grade school only had a blurb that was slightly appealing, but I absolutely loved the book.

And sometimes, I do buy books based on author. Guilty. But that's mostly because I like reading something that was written well, with advanced vocabulary and things like that. When I've read an author who does that, I take as many books of his/hers that sound good and purchase them.

Off-topic- Have you ever noticed how when people say his/hers, his is always first? It's almost never hers/his. I just noticed that...

13This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Empty Re: This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:28 pm

Lulu

Lulu

I never read The Host but after reading about it and what people think i might want to

14This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Empty Re: This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:35 pm

Annalse Bri

Annalse Bri

Lulu wrote:I never read The Host but after reading about it and what people think i might want to

You definitely should! As long as you don't mind being scared a little...

15This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Empty Re: This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:10 pm

Lulu

Lulu

i don't. What is so scary about it

16This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Empty Re: This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:09 pm

Spanky

Spanky

This falls under the "sounds kinda weird" category...
I HATE EVIL MIDGETS!
I swear, the shortest boy I know and the shortest teacher i have are both EVIL!!!!!

17This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Empty Re: This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:14 pm

Lulu

Lulu

I don't agree. The shortest kid on my team is so cute and sweet!!!

18This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Empty Re: This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:54 pm

Annalse Bri

Annalse Bri

Ali?

19This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Empty Re: This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:00 pm

Lulu

Lulu

No. I'm thinking of Lucas. Their about the same hight. Hes just a cen. taller than Ali I think. And I do think he is cute and sweet, even if I am WAY WAY WAY taller than him. Well maybe just one WAY. I think hes cute. But short. Is that a bad thing to say? Because after I say it I feel like crap. No No No No No No No No No No No

Last edited by Lulu on Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

20This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Empty Re: This Might Sound Kinda Weird, but... Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:42 pm

Annalse Bri

Annalse Bri

No, you're allowed to think people are cute. That doesn't mean you like them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum