Randomness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

About: Chatbox

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1About: Chatbox Empty About: Chatbox Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:11 pm

Lucy

Lucy
Administrator
Administrator

The chatbox is located at the bottom of the page. You must be logged in to use it or else you can't see it. You can use it to chat with other members online. Sometimes the messages you send don't enter right away, so don't get worried- it happens all the time.

About: Chatbox Login_10

To log in to the chatbox, just go to the upper right hand corner and click log in. Easy as that. When you log in, a message appears saying, (Username) has joined the chat the (date) (time).

About: Chatbox Chatbo10

1. To log out, just click log out in the upper right hand corner, where the log in was before. A few seconds after you've logged out, a message will appear in the chatbox that says, (Username) is Disconnected on (date) (time).

2. If you click the button next to Auto Refresh, the chatbox automatically refreshes, which means you don't have to click the Refresh button manually every few seconds to check if someone's said something.

3. The refresh button is used to refresh. Though with Auto Refresh, I'm not sure what much use it is. Sometimes, when I'm not logged in, as there's no auto refresh button when you're logged out, I use it to spy on the people chatting in the Chatbox. Yeah, I'm that sneaky.

4. The Archives button
is to see old chatbox posts that aren't being shown currently in the chatbox. However, it doesn't go back all the way to the first post ever, so don't expect you can find your friend's secret chat from a week ago on there. Also, it doesn't go past clears, so if a Chatbox mod decides to clear the chat, there's no seeing what was before it. Even I can't see it, which kind of annoys me, so for now I'm not giving out moderation privileges to anyone yet. More about that later.

https://randomnessandpie.forummotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum